Sherman & Company is hiring one or more Vice Presidents, based in our Charlotte or our New York office. The ideal candidate will have prior experience as a VP or Senior Associate working for a boutique or bulge bracket investment banking firm operating in the insurance or healthcare sectors.
- Source new clients and deals and manage those relationships
- Focus on deal origination and lead the execution team through deal completion
- Support senior bankers in winning new mandates and fulfillment of 5 year business plans
- Actively work on numerous engagements at all times and also contribute meaningfully and simultaneously to the firm’s marketing efforts
- Supervise the development of new client research, market research, financial analysis, and client presentations
- Facilitate a culture of mentoring, development, and advancement for the junior members
- 5+ years of experience in insurance or healthcare M&A. The candidate should have recently held significant responsibilities at a leading boutique or bulge bracket investment bank.
- A rolodex focused on current, solid, and meaningful relationships with potential clients
- Deep knowledge within the insurance or healthcare industry is required
- Proven leadership and collaborative abilities
- Self-motivated, positive, and energetic; but also team-oriented
- Strong educational and professional pedigree
- All applicable securities licenses
This position is available immediately.